Thursday, July 21, 2011

Not quite done

Didn't quite finish the ornament wall quilt over the weekend. With any luck I'll shoot for this weekend. Here is how far I did get though...

The appliques were sewn together in rows that look like this.



Then the rows were sewn together, seams pressed open, which became the basic top. It takes a little more time to press your seams open but I love the way the tops lays flat.



I then made some smaller ornaments and added those to the top which came out to look like this.



I could just leave the top as is or add small templates to the outer edges, but I'm not sure which one I will do. I keep walking in and out of my sewing room, looking at the top on my design wall, waiting for it to 'speak' to me. I'm pretty sure that I will be on my own making this decision, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment