Monday, January 30, 2012

Patience...

I'm sure all of you have heard the 'patience is a virtue' a positive trait. Well in an attempt to be a more positive person, I thought I would teach myself a lesson in patience. Not sure I picked the correct quilt to practice this on but, what heck, you gotta start somewhere.

Previously I found myself hurrying through one project, to get it finished so that I could get to the next, which resulted in seams that didn't match up and things not exactly square. This caused a great deal of frustration and because I didn't want to get stuck with a UFO, I just wanted to get it done.

The quilt I chose to do is "Small World" from the book Transparency Quilts. There is 110 pieces to this quilt not including the skinny blue sashes, each one cut individually. Cutting them individually (and accurately) took some doing. Here are some of the 'oatmeal' fabrics I chose.


These fabrics were not as difficult to chose as the fabrics for the center. That part took a lot of 'auditioning'. Here are some of the center fabrics with the blue sashes in between.


I also slowed my sewing/piecing speed down, which seemed to pay off. Look straight, 1/4" seams....yaaayyy!


Next comes, sewing the individual pieces into rows. We'll see how far I get tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment